Iran Update: Key Takeaways
- Israeli forces clashed with Palestinian fighters in eastern Jabalia on January 20. An Israeli armor convoy reentered eastern Jabalia from the Gaza “envelope.”
- The IDF 7th Armored Brigade continued clearing operations in Khan Younis City on January 20.
- Palestinian fighters clashed with Israeli forces three times across Nablus Governorate in the West Bank on January 19.
- Lebanese Hezbollah (LH) conducted three attacks from southern Lebanon into northern Israel targeting Israeli military facilities.
- The Islamic Resistance in Iraq—a coalition of Iranian-backed Iraqi militias—claimed responsibility for a missile attack targeting US forces at Ain al Asad Airbase in Anbar Province, Iraq, on January 20.
- The IRGC announced on January 20 that Israel killed five IRGC “advisors” in an airstrike on Al Mazzah, Damascus, Syria.
- US Central Command (CENTCOM) forces conducted two separate preemptive airstrikes on January 19 and 20 targeting anti-ship missiles that the Houthis had prepared to launch from Houthi-controlled territory in Yemen towards the Gulf of Aden and the Red Sea.